Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jeff Suppan and Ken Macha Grind My Gears


Following Peter on Family Guy when he was hired to do a segment on the news called, "What Grinds My Gears", here is my segment on "Who Grinds My Gears".

Jeff Suppan really grinds my gears. Manager Ken Macha has him fronting the rotation as the ace. What a terrible move. Ken Macha also is on this segment of who grinds my gears because he made the move. Let's take a look at how Suppan did yesterday afternoon to start the Brewers in the wrong direction. Here is his stats from yesterday: 4.0 innings, 6 runs, 6 earned runs, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR (of course, the guy always gives up a bomb). This is against the harmless Giants hitters (he even gave up a base hit to SF ace Tim Lincecum when he needed to get an out.)

I'll give Suppan the benefit of the doubt because it was the first game of the season. I think he will still get around 10-12 wins but that is not good enough as the Crew's ace, especially with future CY Young winner Yovani Gallardo in the rotation. Dave Bush should be at the front of the rotation (if Macha was smart and if the Brewers want to go with experience, (technically Gallardo should easily be the ace on the staff)). How is this guy making the most money on the Brewers roster. This is like the Roger Dorn situation in the movie Major League, "I thought you said we didn't have any high-priced talent?", "Forget about Dorn, he is just high priced."

For the aforementioned, this is why Jeff Suppan and Ken Macha are really grinding my gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment